Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another Sitcom Intro Recut to the Theme Song of Friends


This video gets done for every sitcom if not all television shows now. I saw one with the sitcom Community a while back, but this time it's Parks and Recreation. I enjoy both of those shows by the way. What I do not enjoy is the rush to see who's going to edit some clips together from the latest hot show and drop it against the iconic barf bag theme song from Friends. I respect the editing skills since I wouldn't know where to begin to make a video like that, and I know it's fun to have your momentary brush with a celebrity from the show or the creator when they mention your video on twitter. I'm sure it's a high to get that recognition, but your talents can be better spent editing videos of people getting hit in the nuts set to wacky slide whistle noises and parents exploiting their children while on narcotics. It's played out, guys.
On top of how played out it is, why does it always have to be the Friends theme song? Did people actually like Friends? I could not stand that show. I liked the theme song even less. Why doesn't anyone ever do one of these videos to the MacGyver theme song. Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh duuh du du duuh....
That's a genius idea, and I won't even be mad if someone steals or if it's already been done and I'm unaware of it. Here is a fartists (intentional misspell) rendering of the Parks and Recreation introduction set to the theme song from Friends I like Aubrey Plaza's character on Parks and Rec. Everything she does is hilariously cute to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment