Friday, October 9, 2009

The Nonpopulist's Browsings of the Day


I definitely prefer Jennifer Morrison with brown hair.

Rush Limbaugh wants to buy the St. Louis Rams. [Profootballtalk.com] He'll definitely be buying low. The Rams are wretched. I vaguely remember him getting fired from ESPN for something racist... had to look it up. What Limbaugh said [The New York Times]  wasn't that bad. It surely wasn't as bad as "nappy headed-hos."

President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. [Reuters] Everyone is and will continue to talk about this, but here's the quick Nonpopulist take: While Obama may have helped strengthen international diplomacy simply by not being President Bush, his choices and the people around him are doing a good job of dividing this country. Also, the author who won the Nobel Prize for Literature seems to have some interesting work that I would like to read.

This list illustrates how difficult putting together a good list is from top to bottom. The Art of Manliness' list of the top 15 buddy movies. A good effort, truly. I love Lethal Weapon, 48 Hours, and I Love You, Man. [The Art of Manliness]
Read after the jump for crazy bombings, a beautiful woman, and more.

NASA decided to bomb the moon for no good reason- just because they fucking can. What's that you say? Looking for water? Ha, like I said, because they fucking can! [Associated Press via Google]

I enjoy Jason Whitlock's columns. You should too.[Fox Sports via MSN]

Good television is so hard to come by these days. Southland had some potential, but there was something a little off about it. TV executives lean to canceling first and letting God sort them out. [The Live Feed by way of Warming Glow]

I saw The Soloist last night. Meh. I gave it three stars on Netflix, but I wasn't crazy about it. It was just ok. It has Catherine Keener in it, who I think is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment