Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What We Eat


I enjoy Alternet.org for, you guessed it, alternative news. A story by Brad Reed called The 6 Weirdest, Scariest Processed Foods, caught my eye the other day. I struggle with eating right as many Americans do. Excuse me for wanting my food to taste good. This story by Reed puts a different spin on the struggle to eat right by scaring the shit out of you. He lists spray-can easy cheese number one. I love easy cheese, and although I rarely pick it up at the grocery I may do so even less now that the veil has been pulled back a little on how it is made. The filling in Oreos is also listed, and from the story we learn that not only is that tasty white filling made basically of crisco, but that a lawsuit against Oreos introduced the term trans fats to the public. Way to break new ground and spoil my favorite food to eat with milk, bastards. With new information being revealed about the food we put in our bodies through documentaries such as Food, Inc. and this story by Brad Reed, we need to look hard at ourselves and our obese gullets to decide if eating whatever we want is worth the pain it may cause in the short and long term. I would never eat avocado-free guacamole, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment