Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar Nominations, Wank Motions

Award shows seem to strive nowadays to have the least relevancy in their respective industries, save the Tony Awards. I have no idea about the Tonies. What am I, a fruit? The list of nominees for this year's Academy Awards was released today, and a brief perusal yields no emotions. You should see my face after reading this list of this year's nominees via Roger Ebert's Chicago Sun-Times' website. I would destroy you in a stone face contest right now. If I need to win any stone face contests in the future I will reference my lack of feeling at this moment. Some of these movies are good, but there have been enough rumors over the years of people buying votes and enough actors and pictures winning awards that did not deserve it to help my mental addition total up the winners of The Academy Awards are rigged. Evidence: Sean Penn won for Mystic River. Kevin Bacon was better in Stir of Echoes, the Sixth Sense ripoff than Sean Penn was in crappy Mystic River. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King won best picture. Chicago won best picture. That was just a few examples. I did not even go into people who should have won instead. Which brings me to another point. Why did I post on this? Sandra Bullock was hot as a blonde in The Blind Side at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment