Tuesday, September 8, 2009

green jobs czar - not yours


The "green jobs czar" (I refuse to capitalize that shit) Van Jones resigned over the weekend (story from Washington Times.) The only reason I care about this is because #1 How did this guy sneak through and get appointed without much fanfare in the first place? #2 Why is it ok for presidents to appoint czars, much less call these people czars (the title of the leaders in Russia before the Bolsheviks stormed the Winter Palace and Communism took over?) Why are we trying to associate our country with that? I think the first czar was the drug czar over 10 years ago. They're advisers, right? So let's call them advisers. Also, are these appointees not vetted by Congress?
I do have to say the one thing this guy, Van Jones, was catching heat for that I don't mind is the fact that he is a 9/11 truther. If you don't know what that is, look it up by clicking on the link I have provided, you lazy jackass. Mr. Jones also called Republicans some bad names. I don't have a problem with either really. I call people bad names all of the time. He does have some things he has said in the past that bother me, but I'm trying to take a Nonpopulist approach. Did you forget the name of the blog?
Still, the czar thing is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment