Thursday, July 30, 2009

Global Warming


Global warming, in my opinion is a idea that has yet to be proven. I tend not to agree that it is fact, but I leave a sliver a leeway open in case I may be proven wrong. Even though I like him in movies I'm not going to listen to Leonardo DiCaprio on the subject either. I mean, he is the hard luck case from the later seasons of Growing Pains, not a scientist. Anyways, you can get a group of scientists to prove anything you want if you're signing the checks. The just look at you and say, "Yes, boss, fruit flies can cure cancer if you eat enough of them." I think there are multi-year weather patterns that are affecting the"evidence" scientists are currently pointing to as being global warming in action. Anyway, here's a story where a friend pointed out a good quote to me.

Plimer presents the proposition that anthropogenic global warming is little more than a con trick on the public perpetrated by fundamentalist environmentalists and callously adopted by politicians and government officials who love nothing more than an issue that causes public anxiety.”
All this leads me to yet another one of the Nonpopulist's Rules for Life: Don't believe something just because someone famous says it.

No comments:

Post a Comment