Friday, May 7, 2010

Betty White Foretold Her Appearance on SNL Video/ I Am a Golden Girls' Fan


Just in time for her Mother's Day weekend Saturday Night Live hosting spot, a Betty White post. It's like I plan this crap. I am not ashamed to admit I enjoy The Golden Girls. I use to watch it with my grandmother hilariously enough, and I still catch it once in a great while on syndication on the Women's Entertainment channel. The Golden Girls was a funny show, and Betty White regularly showed off her impeccable comedic timing on the series. And boy was she a looker back in her day (picture above). Hubba, hubba. You see, reader, being a nonpopulist is not about not liking anything that is popular and liking everything that is unpopular. On the contrary, to me the name nonpopulist means that I evaluate things on an individual basis and decide for myself if I like them trying my best to not be influenced by what other people think of said thing. So there that is.
With all of that being said I honestly never thought Betty White would get to host Saturday Night Live even after the massive internet uproar through Facebook on her behalf. Instead of supporting the cause I did an internet eye roll. But hey, it all worked out in the end for her, right? I am not making the same mistake on the Facebook group calling for Tim & Eric of Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job! Click on it. Like it. Don't underestimate the power of intertubes like I did.
So here is the video from The Golden Girls where Betty White predicts the future. Not really, but you'll see what I mean after you watch it.



Also, link to a bonus video of the final scene of The Golden Girls that I may or may not have just watched and cried about. Shut up!
Now's probably not the best time, but you can become a fan of The Nonpopulist on Facebook! The only requirement is that you have a pulse and some cigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment