Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Li(f)e by Sage Francis Comes Out Today


What is this crap? A late night blog post? But you're only supposed to write blog posts from 10am-3:30pm EST on weekdays because that is when the eastern seaboard has their c*cks in their hands at the workplace as they kill America instead of keeping this country great. Yeh, I'm on to you, eastern seaboard. You're on notice, a$$bags. And you better get used to late night and even lower quality blog posts as I am hopefully rejoining the regular work force soon. That is if I even continue to waste enough time on the internet to write blog posts. I may retire. I'll let you know by training camp. /FAVRE'D.

The new Sage Francis album, Li(f)e (to be read: Life is a Lie,) was released today. Sage Francis is an independent hip-hop artist I have liked for several years. I've seen him in concert about 3 or 4 times. I enjoy his music to the point I feel personally invested in what he does. Here are a few reasons I think you should enjoy him as much as I do.

1. f*ck clear channel: Sage named one of his tours F*ck Clear Channel. That's pretty cool.
2. epiphany count: I got into Sage when I was in college. A friend and eventual roommate and I had this thing going where would listen to a Sage Francis song and count the epiphanies. His music is deep enough where you can get incredible things out of his music if you just listen. In other words it is not just words against a beat.
3. album with indie rockers: This new album, Li(f)e, features collaborations with many indie rock artists and the tour which officially starts tomorrow will feature a live band, Free Moral Agents. Among the artists he worked with on the album are:
Califone, Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse, Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Chris Walla of Death Cab for Cutie, Tim Fite, Calexico, DeVotchKa, Yann Tiersen, Buck 65 and more. The album was produced by Brian Deck (Modest Mouse, Iron & Wine.) The cover art was done by renowned artist and illustrator Shepard Fairey.
4. "life is just a lie with an f in it and death is definite": That's a line from Sage's song The Cure. Lines like that illustrate number two.
Enjoy this video...



Man, if I actually take this job this blog is going to go down in flames. This is one of the crappiest posts I have ever put up, but I can't spend anymore time on it. Sage deserves better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment