Thursday, May 20, 2010

Twitdown: Coining a New Phrase for the Twitter Meltdown


We've all seen them. We've all been entertained by them. The Twitter Meltdown. A Twitter Meltdown is when a twitter user busts off a series of inflammatory, defensive, or otherwise spastic tweets regarding something in their online or real life. They often include replies to users and retweets of what people have tweeted to the one melting down with additional commentary. There have been several notable twitter meltdowns in recent memory, but I am not here to name names. I'm here to coin a phrase. I propose that henceforth that we call Twitter Meltdowns "Twitdowns." The economy of space being ever critical when using the micro-blogging site it makes sense to combine and condense whenever possible. I have searched the term twitdown and have not found it used to mean what I am proposing here, but I am open to being shown if someone has coined it somewhere else first. I wouldn't want to be accused of stealing someone else's idea, or I may have a twitdown.


Follow The Nonpopulist on Twitter

Like The Nonpopulist on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment