Tuesday, September 7, 2010

They Say It's Google's Birthday, It's My Birthday Too, Yeh!

Evan Rachel Wood looking sexy.

Today is my birthday. It has been uneventful. I celebrated this weekend so don't feel bad for me. I don't know about most people, but for me birthdays are about having a little fun, seeing what celebrities you share a birthday with, and contemplating suicide as the rotting carcass that encompasses my mind and soul deteriorates at an increasingly rapid pace. I look each year anew with anticipation that some famous person that I actually give a crap about shares a birthday with me. Maybe someone who just got famous happens to have a birthday that coincides with mine. I realize this is pure vanity, but it keeps me distracted from my own mortality. I've been seeing Corbin Bernson's sorry a$$ on this list for years *dismissive wank motion*, but today I decided to head over to the Wikipedia and just look up the date of my birthday. I was entertained.
Here are a few highlights:
1533- Queen Elizabeth I of England
1936- Buddy Holly
1950- Julie Kavner (voice on The Simpsons)
1963- Brent Liles (bassist for Social Distortion)
1963- Eazy-E
1987- Evan Rachel Wood, she's pretty (see: above)
Those are the birthdays. There are also a few events of note that took place on September 7th.
1822- Brazil declared independence from Portugal
1963- The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens with 17 charter members
1979- ESPN makes its debut
2008- The U.S. government seizes control of mortgage financiers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
1998- Google
1996- Tupac Shakur was fatally shot four times in Las Vegas. He died a few days later.
Tupac was one of the greatest. I have gained a renewed appreciation for him recently. I have been listening to "So Many Tears" several times a day for the past week or so. Here's a video of him performing that song live along with "All About You" at Club 662. That is the same club Tupac and Suge Knight were on the way to the night he and Knight were shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment