Monday, January 4, 2010

Nonpopulist Movies: New World Order


I call him the master of the bullhorn, Alex Jones
I watched the IFC documentary, New World Order, with some friends the other night because I knew Alex Jones was one of the main subjects of the film. The standard by which I judge all documentary films is Errol Morris' work. I filter each documentary through the light of his work. What I admire about his films is how he lets the subjects of his work stand and speak for themselves. New World Order was not done by Morris, but it is a good documentary, and I think they did a good job of letting Alex and the other people in the movie show through. It was entertaining and they treated everyone fairly. Especially impressive was how the movie showed a human side to Alex and the other subjects. I recommend it. Here is a sample; the best quote from the movie by Jack McLamb. In speaking about the tools people have at their disposal to fight the new world order he said, "You have the jury box, the ballot box, and the cartridge box."
Enjoy a clip after the break...


No comments:

Post a Comment