Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mandate Expired, Good Will Over


With the not-so-shocking win by Scott Brown [Wall Street Journal] in yesterday's Massachusetts Senate race it appears that the health care system in America and some of our freedoms have a temporary stay-of-execution. The reason I say it was not a shocking win, even in traditionally Democratic Massachusetts, is because people are fed up. Even old-money liberals are fed up. No one likes what is happening in the country right now. This has been the quickest turnaround of political party good will I have seen in my lifetime. Usually the nation's political tilt switches from Republican to Democrat and back again in longer intervals so this win by Brown should show even more how upset people are at a health care reform bill being jammed down their throat, more and creative ways to tax being formulated, and personal freedoms eroding at a feverish pace. The next big election is going to be full of political carnage. This was only a foreshadowing. Every member of the political establishment should be on notice. If you are an elected official you should probably get your resume ready and network with your contacts.

1 comment:

  1. Good day, sun shines!
    There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
    Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
    It's all about how to choose a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete