Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fundamental Assumption Review: Full-Body Scans at Airports


One can not swing one's dead cat without hitting a place where one of our personal freedoms used to lay (correct usage of lay/lie- had to look it up.) We need to examine the assumption that every single measure that is introduced to protect us and make us safer is really going to work. I do not have any evidence to back this up, but does it not seem as though all of our security measures are reactive instead of proactive? Either way I am not happy about another invasion of privacy in the form of full body scanners at airports. Here are a few tweets I noted when the story broke. I have been too busy keeping up with Conan to blog about this until now. Damn you NBC!

Hannaloves27 RT @politicsoffear: When Obama promoted "transparency" I didn't think it involved Napolitano seeing me naked. #tcot #tlot
3Report Airport Body Scanners Provide Crisp Image Of Your Genitals http://is.gd/5Soz7
Funny, but another thing to consider (thanks to Alternet) is who is getting rich from these body scanners?

My personal policy is this: Want to look at my junk? You have to pay. This ain't no freebie. I do not have much choice in this, however, so my plan is next time I fly to make sure I work up a rock hard bon, smile, and in my mind say, "Scan this!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment