Friday, January 15, 2010

Nonpopulist's Browsings of the Week

The NBC late night cluster fuck has taken most of space on this blog this week, but here are a few more stories to wrap it up- at least for this week. If you want me to be completely honest I would be happy if Jeff Zucker choked on the dicks that he sucks on this weekend. And how does Dick Ebersol (NBC sports executive) think he has a platform from which to call Conan a failure considering NBC is projecting to lose $200 million on the Winter Olympics.


Amanda Seyfried is pretty
This site deadline.com, has a good running update of the Conan story written by Nikki Finke. [Deadline.com]

Matthew T. Sussman at Blogcritics.org hypothesizes that NBC had made up their mind they wanted Leno back at the Tonight Show and every move they have made since has been aimed at coaxing Conan to make the ultimatum he did earlier this week that he would not move time slots. So now what? I love conspiracy theories, by the by.

Look, I have known for a long time that Pat Robertson is an idiot. I wish he would not even get press when he says stupid things. He should really just be ignored. He is irrelevant and no Christian I have ever known has claimed that he speaks for them or God. Go to hell, Pat [Politico.com via Yahoo!]

Kurt Sutter (creator of Sons of Anarchy and former writer on The Shield) has been ripping NBC on his blog. He actually called that NBC would make this move a few months ago. I like his blog. [Sutter Ink]

A while back I blogged about the FDA's outlawing of cloves and candy-flavored smoking tobacco. They were trying to do the same with e-cigarettes which I honestly know nothing about. All I know is the FDA lost this battle. Go team tobacco! [ABC News]
More after the bump
Glenn Beck v. Jon Stewart something something. They are both tools.

Lane Kiffin went on the Dan Patrick show today and Dan questioned him about the recent events in his life. Here is a summary from his website. [Danpatrick.com]

In the vein of lolcats, one of my favorite websites, Kissing Suzy Kolber does lolNFL posts sometimes. Here is this week's post. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]

No comments:

Post a Comment