Monday, January 18, 2010

The Golden Globes Happened


As you could probably guess I did not watch the ceremony. I have not watched an awards ceremony in a few years- it is the Nonpopulist thing to do. I usually look at the list of winners the next day, though. After reviewing the list of last night's Golden Globe winners I am just as apathetic as ever. The worst awards ceremony is definitely the Oscars. I think they choose the worst nominee on purpose sometimes just for kicks and the rest of the categories go to the highest bidder. I bet Ricky Gervais was funny, though, for the whole 10 minutes he was actually on screen. As far as the winners go I agree with a few of the winners. Some of the movies that were nominated look good also. I want to see Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges as well as all of the nominees for best picture. I have not got around to it yet, but I will. Inglorious Basterds and Hurt Locker are in my Netflix queue. All I need is a tube of cookie dough and a face treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment