Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How Racist Is Your Subconscious?

This test designed by Harvard is designed  to determine how racist your subconscious is. Go to the site and click on "Demonstration" then "Go To Demonstration Tests" then "I wish to proceed" then choose one of the tests. I am not sure if the tests are truly scientific, but I see what they were working for. Maybe if they change the order around or made it more random somehow. I do not know exactly how to make sure it is scientific, but I could almost predict which pattern they were going to be set up in. I think the bigger issue, though, is not fault with their method, but the assertion that everyone is in some part racist. I agree with the assertion but not necessarily with their method. It is still cool. I plan on taking more tests. Here is the link:
http://implicit.harvard.edu
Thanks to Sole for posting this link on his twitter @mcsole.

No comments:

Post a Comment