Thursday, March 25, 2010

'Flu Shot Girl' Does the Dubstep

We are living in the golden age of the internet, people, and I am about to prove it to you. Years down the road when our children have to use biometrics to be verified before they can post a comment on a website and videos can not be embedded without expressed written consent we will be able to say, "I remember the good ol' days, sonny." We will say a lot of things, though, and they won't make sense. So our kids will send us to nursing homes, but they will probably be better than nursing homes are now, I hope.
Many of you in internet land may remember the aspiring cheerleader whose life was tragically shattered by a simple flu vaccine. Many people called it a hoax. I have to admit I was skeptical. But she's getting better, so it is not too soon to do a hilarious remix with the original news report is it? Hell no, says Youtube user R0kkyu's video "WOBBLEGIRL - This is how you dance to dubstep." What is dubstep you may ask? I asked that as well. Urban Dictionary was surprisingly vague so I had to go to Wikipedia which defines dubstep as "a genre of electronic dance music that has its roots in London's early 2000s UK garage scene." Either way this girl is now an expert at it. My favorite parts of the video are at 0:25-0:33 and 1:02-1:18. Those breakdowns are nasty. You can not touch this girl on the dubstep. She is killing it. This is a classic lemons to lemonade situation. She is like the kid in Rookie of the Year when he breaks his arm, but that makes him able to throw a nasty fastball that no one can touch and he leads the Cubs to a pennant. Dream on, losers. I have watched this video roughly 15 times and I am still loving it. So wrong/so right.



Below I have the original news report and an update from the cheerleader herself, Desiree Jennings, in which she says she is getting better. So see, it all worked out in the end. Just like in Rookie of the Year.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment