Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Justified Is Officially Badass

The new FX series, Justified, premiered last night, and the verdict is... yes, it is as badass as I had hoped it would be. The first scene was used to establish the badassery of Marshall Raylen Givens, played by Timothy Olyphant. He played the character tough but fair with a sense of following his own principles and morals in the vein of Buford Pusser with some sort of John Wayne thrown in there. After the action of the scene went down and Marshall Givens shot the guy he was giving a chance to leave town all I could think and say all giddy to my wife was, "He was JUSTIFIED!"

After getting in trouble for implementing an old-school brand of justice in a world that has passed him by, Raylen gets transferred back to his ol' Kentucky podunk home and the show moves to set up Boyd Crowder (played by Walton Goggins of The Shield fame) and his band of dim-witted neo-Nazi thugs as an obvious foil for Marshall Raylen because what else is there in Kentucky but neo-Nazi inbred idiots, right? The Marshall and Boyd have a past working in the coal mine but since Boyd is on the wrong side of the law, Givens politely informs him, "(If) You make me pull, I'll put you down." And yes, Walton Goggins did throw in a "git-r-done." and a "Got-damn, woman, you only shoot people when they're eatin' dinner?" I really miss his character from The Shield. I hope they keep him around on this show a while, but it is not looking too good with him getting shot in the first episode. All in all, I give the show a solid "A" with "A+" upside potential. Here is good interview with the star of Justified, Timothy Olyphant. O wait, *spoiler alert* - was that supposed to go up top?
And another note, when I was looking up pictures for Justified this was what came up first.
How can I get the homo-eroticism off of my pc? Get it off, get it off! Wait, he has a clone of himself stand next to him and try to tease up a bulge in his pants with which to touch him? Why??? Why???!?!?!?!?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment